We are currently in need of a very senior, hands-on engineering team lead to manage a software development team working on our FIX Interface for the Charles River IMS. This position is a full-time, permanent opportunity offering excellent compensation. We employ 200+ of the top engineers in the software industry so this is an opportunity to work within a very strong, senior level engineering team and help to develop challenging new products in the financial space.
- Direct management of a team of 3-4 principal software development and QA engineers in an Agile scrum team environment.
- Act as Scrum Master for the team; work closely with the Product Owner and others on requirements, project management, and scheduling.
- Contribute at the code and business levels in helping to create a fast and reliable FIX layer to help us grow and meet the volume challenges of the future.
- Assist in identifying a new architecture vision and driving the vision to reality.
- Ten or more years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions. Minimum 7 years of professional Java server side experience.
- MUST possess a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to provide vision and direction to engineering teams.
- Strong ability to debug multi-tier, highly multi-threaded, transactional code.
- Technical experience includes strong GUI and server-side experience. Exceptional SQL skills with considerable experience in either Oracle or MSS; good understanding of performance issues. Experience with Tomcat and other containers. Architectural skills highly desirable.
- Strong with OO design and development.
- Product delivery experience: have been key in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets.
- Experience developing applications for the financial markets a very strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector.
- Sr. hands-on Developer/Architect or Tech Lead level contributor considered the top within their organization.